If you’re new to Wavlink wifi extender, you need to set it up to enjoy its complete benefits. Want to know how to set up wavlink wifi repeater for the first time? Here are some steps to help you with the wavlink extender setup and wavlink extender login.
Before starting with the wavlink range extender setup, you need to follow a few steps to ensure proper connectivity and a strong network all across your place. The guide will help you with the wavlink mesh wifi setup. You can set up a wavlink wifi extender using a web management page with a web address http://wifi.wavlink.com or using a WPS button on your device. There are a few things that you need to take care of before getting started with the wavlink extender setup.
- The placement of the wavlink extender plays an important role in the installation part. During the configuration part, you need to place it near your wireless router.
- Note down the wireless SSID and passkey of your home router as you will need it on the wavlink setup wizard.
- You should also know the default SSID of the wavlink wifi network.
- To connect your client device to the wavlink network, you can either use an Ethernet cable or connect over wifi.
Steps for wavlink repeater setup using web management page
- First of all, the wavlink device needs to be connected to the power source. Press the power switch and wait until there’s a solid power light.
- Next, you need to connect your client device to the wavlink wifi network. Go to the Wi-Fi settings and look for the wavlink network and click on ‘Connect’
- Visit wifi.wavlink.com or http://ap.setup using your web browser. You will be asked to select the language.
- Now, enter the login credentials for your wavlink device. Type ‘admin’ in the admin name and admin passkey field.
- Hit the ‘Login’ option. If the wavlink login window is not accessible or wifi.wavlink.com is not working, enter the IP address 192.168.10.1 into the browser.
- Thereafter, wavlink setup wizard will run on your computer screen. Click on the ‘Get started’ option to allow the setup wizard to scan for the wireless networks available.
- Choose the correct SSID of the router you may want to extend using the wavlink wifi extender. Once done, type the password.
- Next, you can configure the wireless settings of the extended network. If you want to keep the same details as your wireless router, you can skip this step.
- With that, your wavlink mesh wifi setup process is done. You can connect your wireless devices to the wavlink extended network.
Steps for wavlink range extender setup using WPS Method
WPS method is an easy way to extend your home wireless network. Use the following steps for wavlink repeater setup-
- Make sure your wireless router also supports the WPS method. Now, let’s begin with the process.
- Place the wavlink extender and your host router in the same room and make both devices connected to the power source.
- Press the WPS button on the host router for a few seconds. Approximately after two minutes, press the WPS button on the wavlink extender as well.
- The WPS light will turn to solid blue on the wavlink extender. This is an indication that the WPS connection is successful.
- Finally, you can enjoy the extended wifi network on your wifi device after connecting it to the wavlink extender.
Troubleshooting wifi.wavlink.com not working error
If you are getting an issue while accessing the wan link extender login page through wifi.wavlink.com, you can try out the following steps to resolve the error.
- Use web address ap.setup or IP address 192.168.10.1 to log into wavlink setup page.
- Check the wavlink login details that you’ve entered. You can find the login details in the user manual.
- Use a different web browser to sign into a wavlink device.
- You must change the wireless connection to a wired connection. Use an Ethernet cable to connect to the wavlink device.
- Perform a factory data reset process to fix the wavlink extender setup issues.
This was about the wavlink repeater setup process. In case, you’re getting an issue with the process, you can take help from our technicians and get your issues resolved in minutes. You can give us a call on our toll-free number.