Today, Wi-Fi at home is turning into a need because of the development of web-based features, more individuals telecommuting, and an increment of associated gadgets. However, not all Wi-Fi networks are made equivalent.
Patchy home Wi-Fi connections, moderate velocities in dealing with different users at home can all contrary affect working from home. Some portion of the issue can be the router provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
These routers are not intended for dealing with various PCs and cell phones—all attempting to bounce on the Wi-Fi simultaneously. In this way, the appropriate response here is to decide on a fast, multi-band and wireless Linksys router. Linksys is the essential producer of routers utilized by some of the current internet service providers.
Linksys makes a decent router, yet to appreciate every one of the advantages it has to bring to the table, you’ll need to figure out how to set up Linksys router. However, sorting out some way to do that all alone can be a test. Luckily, you can utilize these tips to make the cycle both quicker and simpler.
Setting up your new Linksys router has two separate stages. In the main period of the establishment, you will handle the physical arrangement of your new equipment. In the subsequent stage, you will need to configure the Linksys router and settle the settings.
How to perform the physical setup of your Linksys router
Regardless of being remote in nature, your Linksys router will in any case require physical establishment. Most importantly, the router ought to be put near your modem. You will, obviously, need to likewise have enough accessible electrical sockets to connect it alongside your modem. Now, first you need to power on the router and then connect the router to modem with an Ethernet cable.
Next you need to remember not to connect wirelessly until you are finished with security setup. To configure these settings you need to connect the Linksys router to your computer through an Ethernet cable and set up your security options.
How to setup Linksys router?
Cisco Linksys e4200 router which is one of the most required routers to build your home network. Linksys e4200 router is supported by dual band N at 2.4 and 5Ghz with a 450 MB/second throughput in the 5 Ghz band. The essential feature of your Linksys router is the web based interface used for setup and configuration of the Linksys router. Continue reading below to get how to set up Linksys router answer.
- Connect the Linksys e4200 router to a power source and turn on your router to go through the configuration steps.
- Now connect the WAN or Internet port of Linksys router to the cable or DSL modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Next, open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar.
- Fill in the details asked on your screen.
- Enter router login as “admin” and password as “admin” followed by “ok” option.
- If you can’t get to the router’s web-based setup page or you failed to remember the network’s remote security key or you are investigating a network issue, you may have to reset the router to its default factory settings.
How to change the SSID and Password of your Linksys router
Follow the steps to change the SSID and Password
- Once logged in click on “configuration” option.
- On upper left hand corner look for Wi-Fi option and then click onWi-Fi setting.
- Now enter the new network name in the field of Wi-Fi name.
- For security mode field choose WPA2 Personal.
- Now enter your new security key or password.
- Once done, click on the “save” option to apply the changes.
Once the changes are done, the confirmation screen will pop up to confirm the changes applied are successful. Furthermore, updates for routers are given to add new security highlights, fix weaknesses, or different improvements like execution updates. We suggest upgrading your router as of now to get the most ideal security.
How to factory reset a Linksys router?
If you are unable to access the router’s web based setup page or finding error to login Linksys router or forgot the router’s password, you can perform factory reset on your Linksys router. The given ways will help you fix how to reset Linksys router error.
- Make sure that the Linksys router is on.
- Push and hold the reset button using a paper clip.
- Hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, disconnect and reconnect the router’s power adapter.
- Once the device is rebooted, use the default username and password to connect the device.
- The default details are: Username- (leave blank) Password- admin.
How to fix unable to access the router’s web-based setup page error
In case you are finding trouble while accessing the router’s web based setup page read on below and resolve your issue.
The Linksys router web based setup can be done using a wired or wireless computer and for this you need to enter the router’s default IP address that is 192.168.1.1 in the URL bar of your web browser. Screen showing the user login will appear. Fill in the default username and password if you have not changed your wireless settings.
- Linksys router’s IP Address has been changed.
- The password has been changed.
- The firmware of your Linksys router needs to be upgraded.
- No network connection with the router.
- The computer’s firewall may be blocking the connection.
For specific details on what to do if you are unable to access the router’s web-based setup page you can also speak to our experts.