The TP-Link EAP products are solutions suitable for home and business. The TP-LINK’s EAP Controller Software allows you to easily manage multiple TP-LINK EAPs in multiple sites with the controller in a single location. It lets you control, adjust, and visualize the entire network from any connected PC which makes centralized business Wi-Fi management more efficient and cost-effective. The EAP Controller Software integrates with TP Link’s EAP series devices to create cost-effective Wi-Fi solutions that offer ultimate performance. This article explains how to set up a TP-Link EAP via a web browser. There are two ways to perform the TP Link EAP setup. One method is via the TP Link EAP controller software and the other method is via a web browser. Here we will use the management interface of each EAP via a web browser. Have a look at the instructions given below.
How to set up a TP-Link EAP via a web browser?
1. Connect to the Network:
First of all, connect the EAP device to the home network.
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect the EAP device to the router.
- Next, connect your existing PC to your TP-Link router through Ethernet cable.
- Now, set your router up so that your PC and EAP device can get a dynamic IP address from the router and connect to the internet.
2. Log in to the EAP device:
- First of all, set your wireless device such as PC, laptop to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Now, select the Network settings on your PC.
- Next, scan the wireless network and choose your EAP network from the available list.
- Now, connect to the network of your EAP device using network name and password. You can find the network SSID and password on the printed label on the bottom of the device.
- Make sure your PC has got the IP address of the DNS server and the gateway.
- Now, launch a web browser on your PC and enter http://tplinkeap.net the default domain name of the EAP device in the browser’s address bar.
- Further, enter the username and password of the device on the TP Link EAP login page.
- Click ‘Login’ to browse the TP Link EAP setup page.
3. Configure the EAP device:
- Once you login to the TP Link configuration page, you can configure the EAP device and change its settings.
- Select the Wireless Settings and change the wireless SSID.
- Now, set a network name and enable the security mode. We recommend you to choose the WPA-PSK encryption key.
- You can change other settings as per your wish. Click ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
If you cannot access the TP Link EAP setup page via the domain name, try below troubleshooting tips:
- Try to clear the browser cache or use another web browser to log in again.
- Next, click the wireless setting of your PC. Turn off the Wi-Fi button and then turn it on. Now try to connect the network again.
- Try to reboot the TP Link EAP device.
- You can also login to the EAP device via an IP address. The IP address of the EAP is 192.168.0.1.
- If TP Link EAP login still fails, reset the EAP device to its factory default settings and try again.
So this was all about how to set up a TP-Link EAP via a web browser. If you have any doubt or query then contact our technical experts. You can also learn how to set up the TP Link EAP device via TP Link EAP controller software. You can contact us at our toll-free no. or chat live with us.